Physician Executive, dedicated to improving the quality of health care and health outcomes in Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Master of Public Health (in progress)
University of South Florida
- Master of Medical Management
- Doctor of Medicine
New York Medical College
- Bachelor of Science – Zoology & Psychology
University of Massachusetts
- Trained in Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry, Dr. Usman has 30 years of clinical experience treating serious mental illness, dementia, neurobehavioral disorders and concurrent developmental disorders.
- Board-certified in Disaster Medicine and trained in Disaster Management, Dr. Usman has deployed to catastrophes around the world to help people in greatest need.
- A Certified Physician Executive, Dr. Usman has served in a variety of leadership roles, including president of not-for-profit organizations, regional medical director for a large provider organization and chief psychiatric officer for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Usman sees managed care as one of the most effective ways to improve public health, using educational opportunities and fiscal incentives to raise the standard of care.