FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE
The Department of Human Services (DHS) has mandated minimum requirements for Medical Assistance to ensure that Carelon and Carelon providers are preventing and detecting potential fraud, waste and abuse (FWA).
- Fraud: Any type of intentional deception or misrepresentation made with the knowledge that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to the person committing it or any other person. The attempt itself is fraud, regardless of whether or not it is successful.
- ضایعات: شامل استفاده بیش از حد از خدمات یا سایر اعمالی است که به طور مستقیم یا غیرمستقیم منجر به هزینه های غیر ضروری می شود. ضایعات عموماً ناشی از اقدامات عمدی در نظر گرفته نمیشوند، بلکه زمانی اتفاق میافتند که از منابع سوء استفاده میشود.
- سوء استفاده: هنگامی که ارائه دهندگان یا تامین کنندگان مراقبت های بهداشتی از اقدامات پزشکی خوب پیروی نمی کنند که منجر به هزینه های غیرضروری یا بیش از حد، پرداخت نادرست، سوء استفاده از کدها یا خدماتی می شود که از نظر پزشکی ضروری نیستند.
In the Pennsylvania HealthChoices Behavioral Health Program Standards and Requirements, Appendix F obliges Carelon and Carelon providers to comply with Federal and State regulations and implement compliance programs and efforts that prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse. Subsequently, Carelon has implemented a FWA plan with policies and procedures, trainings, and reporting responsibilities, as outlined on the Carelon صفحه وب تقلب و سوء استفاده. Minimum documentation standards for payment are outlined on the Services webpage at حداقل استانداردهای مستندسازی.
The Special Investigations Unit (“SIU”) investigates suspected incidents of FWA for all types of services. Carelon may take corrective action with a Provider or Facility, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Written warning and/or education: Carelon sends letters to the Provider or Facility advising the Provider or Facility of the issues and the need for improvement. Letters may include education, requests for repayment or may advise of further action.
- Medical record review: Carelon reviews medical records to investigate allegations or validate the appropriateness of Claims submissions.
- Edits: A certified professional coder or investigator evaluates Claims and places payment or system edits in Carelon’s Claims processing system. This type of review prevents automatic Claims payments in specific situations.
- Recoveries: Carelon recovers overpayments directly from the Provider or Facility. Failure of the Provider or Facility to return the overpayment may result in reduced payment for future Claims, termination from our network, or legal action.
سیاستها و روندها
Carelon has established policies and procedures to meet the DHS requirements specific to the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse (FWA). All Carelon providers are responsible to meet the requirements on the Carelon Fraud and Abuse webpage.
آموزش های اجباری
All providers are required to complete the Interactive Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training offered by Carelon on an annual basis. The provider or provider representative is responsible for reporting all information to the provider and/or the entire staff of the provider agency. Providers are responsible for maintaining documentation of training completion. Training can be accessed via the صفحه وب آموزش های ارائه دهنده or the صفحه وب تقلب و سوء استفاده.
All providers are required to report suspected fraud and abuse. If someone suspects any Member (a person who receives benefits) or Provider has committed fraud, waste or abuse, they have the right to report it. No individual who reports violations or suspected fraud and abuse will be retaliated against for doing so. The name of the person reporting the incident and his or her callback number will be kept in strict confidence by investigators.
گزارش نگرانی توسط:
- بازدید fighthealthcarefraud.com. At the top of the page click “Report it” and complete the “Report Waste, Fraud and Abuse” form. For the “Who is the insurance company?” dropdown, select “Carelon”
- Self report – see “Reporting Procedures” on the صفحه وب تقلب و سوء استفاده
Any incident of fraud, waste or abuse may be reported to Carelon anonymously; however, Carelon’s ability to investigate an anonymously reported matter may be limited if Carelon doesn’t have enough information. Carelon encourages Providers and Facilities to give as much information as possible. Carelon appreciates referrals for suspected fraud but be advised that Carelon does not routinely update individuals who make referrals as it may potentially compromise an investigation. Learn more at www.fighthealthcarefraud.com.
The Department of Human Services has established a hotline to report suspected fraud, waste, and abuse committed by any entity providing services to Medical Assistance recipients. The hotline number is 1-866-DHS-TIPS (1-844-347-8477) and is available between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Voice mail is available at all other times. Callers do not have to give their name and may call after hours and leave a voice mail if they prefer.
Some common examples of fraud, waste and abuse are:
- صورتحساب یا هزینه دریافتکنندگان کمک پزشکی برای خدمات تحت پوشش
- صدور صورت حساب بیش از یک بار برای یک سرویس
- توزیع داروهای ژنریک و صدور صورت حساب برای داروهای نام تجاری
- Falsifying records
- انجام خدمات نامناسب یا غیر ضروری
Suspected fraud, waste and abuse may also be reported via the website at: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/about/Fraud-And-Abuse/Pages/MA-Fraud-and-Abuse—General-Information.aspx
You do not have to give your name if you use the website or email to report fraud, waste or abuse. The website contains additional information on reporting fraud, waste and abuse